Johnson, William R. Family - Clark County
William R. Johnson b 1823 in Virginia and died 27 Jan. 1875 at Clark Center, Clark Co., Ill. His father was James Johnson of Shelby Co., Ind. William married Martha Ann Richardson 10 Aug. 1845 in Shelby Co., INd. Martha was born 1828 in Shelby Co., Ind. and died 1890 in Clark Center, Ill. Her parents were Samuel Richardson and Margaret Keeling. After the death of William, Martha married William Sanders 14 Aug. 1877 Clark Co., Ill. The Johnson family moved to Clark Center from Shelby Co., Ind. about 1858.
William and Martha had the following children:
1. Nelson H. Johnson b 1851 Shelby Co., Ind. He married Margaret Dempster 2 Mar. 1875 in Clark Co. Listed in the 1880 census in Jasper Co., Ill.
2. Samuel W. Johnson born May 1853 Shelby Co., INd. He married Margaret Smock 11 Feb. 1875 Clark Co., Ill. Listed in the 1900 census in Shannon Co., Mo.
3. Isaac Rosencrants Permeness Johnson b 7 Jan. 1856 at Marietta, Shelby Co., Ind and died 19 Feb. 1923 Rose Bud, White Co., Ark. He married Sarah Frances Mason 9 Dec 1883 in White Co., Ark.
4. Emmessetta (unsure of spelling) Johnson b 1859 Clark Center. May have married a George Waede.
5. William Henry Johnson b 8 Nov 1862 Clark Center, Ill. and died 2 Feb. 1913 Clark Center. He married Samantha A. McNary. He is buried in the Auburn Cemetery at Clark Center.
6. Alonzo C. Johnson b. 11 Dec. 1864 Clark Center. He married Nancy Buckle 6 June 1892 Clark County. They were divorced and Nancy married second William Dove. They are listed in the 1910 census of Clark Co.
7. Martha Jane Johnson born 3 Mar 1867 Clark Center, Ill. and died 1919 at Garner, White Co., Ark. She married 26 June 1904 W. J. Quillen in White Co., Ark.
Martha Ann Richardson Johnson Sanders had a brother who also lived in Clark Co. Samuel E. Richardson was born Aug. 1846 Shelby Co., Ind and died 11 Feb. 1907 Clark Center, Ill. He married Susan E. Lawry 11 Sep 1867 Clark Co. Samuel served with H 60 and K125 of the Ill Infantry during the Civil War. He enlisted 19 Dec. 1863 at Catlin, Ill.
Return to Clark County, Illinois Homepage
materials contained on these pages are furnished
for the free use of individuals engaged in
researching their personal genealogy.